5 Great Reasons to Book a VIP Tour at DisneyWorld
1. Backstage meet and greets with the characters, no lines, no standing in the hot sun clutching a sweaty autograph book and crying child.
2. Go directly to the fast pass line AS MANY TIMES as you want with a premium tour. Want to go on Rock n Roller Coaster ten times in a row? No problem! (This was my first time, not my tenth, and it in my defense, it goes REALLY fast)
3. Front row seating at all shows, those lucky kids who get pulled up on stage? Chances are they’re with a VIP tour. Book one and your child will be the star of the show too.
4. Zip from park to park and enter backstage like the real rock stars do. Last year my family booked a tour and we hit every major ride in three different parks, in ONE DAY. Oh, and we even had time for the Electric Light Parade with primo seating.
5. Inside tips from a pro. Your tour guide will teach the kids lots of nifty tricks like how to score the most points in Toy Story Mania’s Midway game.
I was recently invited on a press trip by Disney to tour the new luxury home community Golden Oak and enjoyed a complimentary VIP Tour. You can read more about Golden Oak on Traveling Mom.
On a family vacation last year we booked a VIP Tour and split the cost with another family. The premium tour is $315 per hour with a six hour minimum. I know that sounds like a crazy amount of money, but I thought it was worth it (did I mention three parks in one day???). The premium tour allows you unlimited access to the Fast Pass lane. The tour level below it is less expensive but the tour guide has to use the Fast Pass system like a regular guest and you can’t go on the same ride again and again. Aside from a much lighter wallet, the biggest downside is the Cinderella moment the next day when your chariot is gone, along with your footmen and you have to stand in line again-don’t these people know who you are??