Love luxury but also want to be in the middle of the action (shopping action that is)? Try The Dominick Hotel a sleek high-rise in the middle of SoHo reviewed and approved by Luxury Travel Mom.
The Dominick Hotel is the only five diamond hotel in SoHo, it’s 46 floors of soaring glass but feels like a boutique hotel inside. It’s got a sexy vibe with floor to ceiling windows that give you sweeping views of the city, its landmarks and the Hudson River. Even the soaking tubs have city views, it’s that sexy. I tried to photograph my tub and get the city lights in the back along with my champagne. It was a disaster, I gave up and just ate the mini bar M&Ms and figured I’d rely on the hotel’s images.
The rooms are large, especially for SoHo. The cheapest room category is the Hudson Square King for around $325 per night. The King rooms are 420-540 square feet. But for just a few dollars more you can get a skyline view. A skyline view one bedroom suite feels really well priced compared to other luxury hotels in the city, starting at around $600 per night for up to 800 square feet. The city views are well worth the upgrade price.
Or upgrade to the SoHi Collection for VIP perks. These exclusive suites and penthouses are located on the top floors of the hotel offering stunning views of New York City’s gorgeous skyline, including landmarks such as the Empire State Building, One World Trade Center, and magnificent sunsets over the Hudson River. When you book a SoHi room you get:
Dedicated Luxury Ambassador assigned to customize your stay
Welcome split of Veuve Clicquot
Daily morning beverage in Cafe Mezz
Pressing of two garments per day
Day access to spa facilities
Luxury Travel Mom Insider Tips
- You can ask for service from a luxury ambassador, you don’t need to be in a SoHi suite. Here’s the direct number: 212-842-5530 ask for Crystal, tell her Kim-Marie sent you. You can also reach them at LuxuryAmbassador@TheDominick.com
- Important things you can ask for, they can replace the booze in your mini-bar to your preference. The regular mini-bar is stocked with wine, tequila, vodka and gin. They stock Clase Azul, but if you prefer Patron Silver, they can make it happen. These are the types of details you come to Luxury Travel Mom for.
- You can ask to have personalized stationery and “in residence” cards made for you stay. I’m such a sucker for paper. Back in the day guests would stay for long periods of time in swank hotels and proffer their “in-residence” cards to those looking to reach them. So much more elegant than an Instagram DM. Hotels would also provide personalized stationery for those long missives home to be delivered by Pony Express or the transcontinental railroad. You can ask the Dominick’s Luxury Ambassador to create a little old world elegance for you.
- Book a Turkish Hammam treatment. The Dominick Spa has the only real luxury hammamm in the city and it’s colossal. A hammam treatment is an ancient bathing ritual, it’s a mix between a full body scrub and a steam room all set in a fully enclosed marble room, the provider wears a swimsuit, you wear a towel, she scrubs you and pours water on you using soap flown in from Morocco and you emerge looking and feeling ten years younger. The spa was recently relaunched as the first Signature Babor Spa in the US, I have yet to try their facial treatments.
- Buy a day pass to the spa for just $45 for hotel guests and $70 for non-hotel guests. Next time I’m sweaty and exhausted from SoHo shopping I’m totally doing this. The spa has steam and sauna rooms and the very disco funky Chromolight therapy showers. Supposedly the different colored lights will affect your wellbeing, I like that it has around 26 million shower heads.
Get all the luxury for less. Book through a Virtuoso agent (send me a note and I’ll hook you up). Book a regular suite and get upgraded to the SoHi suite, in addition to all of the perks I listed before, you’ll also get early check in, late check out, continental breakfast AND a $100 hotel credit that you can use on food and beverage or spa treatments.
The Dominick Hotel Pool Scene – Carrie Bradshaw Would Approve
This is the only outdoor hotel pool in SoHo, so if you’re not a member of SoHo house and don’t want to get caught sneaking in a la Miranda Sex in the City circa 1990s, book a stay at The Dominick. The rooftop pool is for guests only and is one of the best places in SoHo to soak up the sunshine. The restaurant Terrace on 7 offers a sushi bar, creative cocktails, cabanas and views of the Manhattan skyline.
Take a look on TheDominickHotel.com and let me know if you want me to hook you up for extra perks. I was hosted at the hotel for one night as part of a story I did for Greenwich Magazine, my opinions and recommendations cannot be bought, even with champagne and bathtubs. This is a great hotel at a surprisingly great price (for luxury) and I highly recommend it.
Click on the image below to read more about The Dominick, and other under the radar hotels I covered for the January travel issue.